- The term ‘Skribbies’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ refers to Skribbies Ltd a company registered in the UK with company no. 07775999 and registered address: 1 Thornborough Grounds, Bourton, Buckingham, England MK18 2AB.. The term ‘you’ refers to the client/customer or user of any interface provided by Skribbies.
- Your use of Skribbies’s products, including products of other producers, sellers and distributors supplied to you by Skribbies and services (referred to as the “offering” in this document and excluding any offering provided to you by Skribbies under a separate written agreement) is subject to these terms, without prejudice to any additional terms which may be part of an agreement specific to the service you wish to avail of. Your agreement with Skribbies will always include, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Accepting the Terms
- Skribbies shall interact with customers / clients through e-mail, through a form on our website and by means of a phone call, Skype or similar services. By making use of our website or any other interface provided Skribbies, it will be assumed that you agreed to the Terms of Service even if no transaction has taken place.
- In order to use the offering and make a purchase, you must explicitly agree to the terms. You may not use the offering or make a purchase if you do not accept the terms. You will be requested to accept terms in the check out process.
Provision of the offering by Skribbies
- Skribbies will attempt to continuously innovate in order to provide the best possible offering for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the offering which Skribbies provides may change from time to time without any prior warning.
- You acknowledge and agree that Skribbies may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the offering (or any features within the offering) to you or to users with or without notice, generally at Skribbies 's sole discretion.
- You acknowledge and agree that while Skribbies may not currently limit your use of the offering in any way, it may do so if that use hinders with the ability of Skribbies to carry on its operations or the ability of other customers to use the offering.
- The supply of the offering will be subject to your making the payment according to the procedure(s) decided by Skribbies.
- Skribbies shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by a modification of the features, limitation of use of the offering or the discontinuation altogether thereof.
Use of the offering by you
- In order to access the whole or part of the offering, you may be required to provide information about yourself as part of the registration process for the service, or for your continued use of the offering. You agree that any registration information you give to Skribbies will always be accurate, correct and up to date. Up-to-date mobile/telephone number, e-mail address and delivery address are absolutely necessary to ensure successful delivery of your item. All information asked on the checkout page must be filled in precisely and accurately. Skribbies will not be liable for mis-delivery or other issues arising because of faulty information provided by the customer. Any costs associated with mis-delivery will be charged to the customer. Skribbies can share customer/ client information with Employees and agents (for eg. Skribbies may share addresses with delivery agents).
- You agree to use the offering only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the terms and (b) any applicable law, regulation or guidelines.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) the offering by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Skribbies, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Skribbies. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the websites or online resources of Skribbies through any automated means (including through the use of scripts or web crawlers), nor to engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the offering (or the servers and networks which are connected to the offering).
- Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Skribbies, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the offering for any purpose.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Skribbies has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Skribbies may suffer) of any such breach.
- Skribbies makes no representation that any product, service or information referred to in the materials on this website are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Your passwords and account security
- You agree and understand that you are responsible to Skribbies and to third parties for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the offering or any online resource provided by Skribbies. You will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify the customer service team at Skribbies immediately.
Intellectual Property in the offering
- You should be aware that the offering, including but not limited to advertisements and promotional material of Skribbies or other companies, is protected by intellectual property rights which are owned by Skribbies, or the sponsors or advertisers who provide that content to Skribbies (or by other persons or companies on their behalf). You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, copy or create derivative work based on the offering (either in whole or in part) unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by Skribbies or by the owners of that content, in a separate agreement.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Skribbies has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any content that you create, transmit or display while using the offering or for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which Skribbies may suffer) by doing so.
- You understand that if you notice any person, institution or company which has, or has attempted to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, copy or create derivative work based on the offering, it is your duty to bring it to the attention of Skribbies officials immediately, who will take due action against the same.
Intellectual Property rights
- Unless Skribbies has otherwise agreed in writing, nothing in the terms gives you a right to use any of Skribbies 's trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Unauthorized use of Skribbies’s trademark shall be an offence, inter alia under Section 92 of Trade Marks Act 1994. You additionally agree that in using the offering, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
License from Skribbies
- Skribbies gives you a Personal Non-Exclusive license to use the offering provided to you by Skribbies. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the offering as provided by Skribbies, in the manner permitted by these terms.
- You are not entitled to commercially exploit by sale, or transfer commercially or profit from the offering and products, except with the express written consent of Skribbies.
- The source code of the software/interface provided by Skribbies is protected under Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the software or any part thereof.
- Unless Skribbies has given you specific written permission to do so, you may not assign (or grant a sub-license of) your rights to use the service or otherwise transfer any part of your rights to use the service.
- The payment mode for the offering will be determined at the sole discretion of Skribbies, and the payment cycle will be in the manner decided at the discretion of Skribbies.
Ending your relationship with Skribbies
- Skribbies may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you if:
- You have breached any provision of the terms (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the terms)
- Skribbies is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the offering to you is, or becomes, unlawful)
- For any other reason, after giving a notice of 7 days by e-mail.
- When these terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Skribbies are subject to in relation to the obligation to maintain confidentiality or such other legal rights, obligations and liabilities which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation.
Exclusion of warranties
- You expressly understand and agree that your use of the offering is at your sole risk and that the offering is provided as is and as available.
- In particular, Skribbies does not represent or warrant to you that your use of the offering will meet your requirements.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the website or software of Skribbies is done at your own discretion and risk and Skribbies will not be responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Skribbies or through or from the offering shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms.
- Skribbies further expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Limitation of liability
- Subject to overall provision in clause 11 above, you expressly understand and agree that Skribbies shall not be liable to you for:
- Any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but not be limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation, any loss of data suffered, cost of procurement of substitute goods or offering, or other intangible loss.
- Any loss or damage which may be incurred by you, including but not limited to loss or damage as a result of:
- Any changes which Skribbies may make to the offering, or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the offering (or any features within the offering)
- The deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the offering
- Your failure to provide Skribbies with accurate account information.
- Your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we disclaim all liability for our employes’ or sub- contractors’ negligence.
- Skribbies shall try to ensure that the product is packaged and delivered in a secure manner. Owing to the fact that Skribbies uses third party services (carriers) to deliver the products to the customers, Skribbies takes no liability for any incidental damages caused to the products after they have been dispatched. Skribbies takes no liability for the physical harm caused to any person or damage caused to any property during the delivery and installation of its products and once delivery of goods have been accepted.
Changes to the Terms
- Skribbies retains the right to make changes to these terms, append new terms or remove certain terms from time to time at their discretion and is under no obligation to inform you of such changes. The same may be done without prior intimation to you. Your continued use of the offering will indicate your acceptance of the modified terms. When these changes are made, Skribbies shall make the amended copy of the terms available in an accessible location.
- All products available for purchase are shown on their specific product page on our website. We always try to represent as accurately as possible every characteristic of the products via photography.
- All product prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
- Skribbies retains the right to change prices and product information at their discretion without prior warning.
- All prices are in Pounds Sterling (GBP), and are payable in pounds sterling only along with any applicable taxes.
- Unless otherwise stated, prices do not include any delivery costs or possible special or extra charges. These additional prices will be added upon checkout before making payment and shall appear in your order confirmation page.
Purchase of products
- Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product, which shall be considered to be accepted by us only when we send an email confirming the same.
- Any product ordered by you whose acceptance has not been confirmed through an email shall not form a part of the contract even if they were part of the same offer by you.
- The company shall under no circumstances be held liable for any special losses to specific customers owing to the circumstances which visit the customer and any indirect or consequential loss, for loss of profits or damage to property or for wasted expenditure.
- You can cancel your order before the corresponding product has been dispatched from our warehouse. We would then refund you the amount paid for the product except possible handling, logistic and customisation costs. Cancellation made after the product has been dispatched, the cancellation must be in the form of refusal of taking delivery and you will be liable for delivery costs and collection costs along with handling and logistic costs.
- You must be 16 years or older to use our services and by placing an order you are confirming that you are 16 years old or above.
- All orders are paid only through credit/debit cards issued by companies listed on the payment page. Your credit card is charged for the whole amount of the order when the order is created. A card account and necessary information is needed for payment.
- The sale will be submitted for processing as soon as you click on the “Order” button. You will then receive an email from us confirming the sale depending upon whether Skribbies accepts your offer. Orders regarding of more than one article shall be construed as collections of multiple offers, where it shall be considered that there has been an offer to purchase each individual article.
- We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of refusing or by reason of unwinding or suspending any transaction after the processing has begun.
- Skribbies delivers its products to most places in Europe, Middle East and Asia. Delivery prices can vary at the discretion of Skribbies and based on geographical area. Extra charges can be added for very remote or difficult to access places.
- Delivery lead time will vary depending on the products ordered.
- All delivery estimates given at the time of placing and confirming order are subject to change. We will do our best to contact you and advise you of any changes to estimated delivery time. Standard UK based deliveries usually reach within 7 working days but deliveries to regions outside the UK do take longer and can be delayed at the respective country’s customs office. Skribbies has not influence over foreign based customs offices and the customer would be responsible for communicating with their local customs office to clear any charges and receive their goods. Skribbies cannot be held liable for delays in international shipments of products. The delivery estimate also depends on the service type selected i.e. standard versus express.
- Skribbies shall chose carriers and delivery services according to the item’s weight, size and quantity to deliver your order. Skribbies always considers the best value option for delivery based upon the combined item/s weight, size and quantity. All orders are despatched via reputable carriers and some may be through their ‘recorded signed for’ delivery method. A signature will be required on delivery of the goods. Receipt of a signature at the delivery address will act as proof of delivery.
- For postal courier orders your order will be delivered at any time from 7am to 6pm on weekdays (Monday to Friday) or from 7am to 1pm on Saturdays. Unfortunately we cannot specify the exact time at which your order will be delivered.
- We can either deliver your order to the billing address for the credit\debit card you use to pay for your order or you can specify an alternative delivery address in the ‘delivery address’ section of the checkout.
- Orders are typically dispatched the next working day after the order is placed.
- If for any reason you wish to return your purchase you must notify us contacting our Customer Service team by sending an email to email@example.com with the order reference number and a quick explanation of the reason why you wish to return the product and any further details or information you feel are important.
- We endeavour to reply to emails within two working days. Our customer service team will contact you to organise the refund or exchange and explain all the necessary procedures.
- Returns Process: Please open and check your order as soon as you receive it and inform us of any transit damage problems immediately. All items and parts of items must be checked for any damage prior to use. It is your right and responsibility to check that your delivered products have arrived in perfect condition, before signing the delivery form and thus accepting the delivery.
- If the delivered item/s do not fit your order, is damaged or incorrectly supplied, please contact us as soon as possible to arrange a refund or replacement. Skribbies must be notified of damages/issues within 24 hours of delivery. We request that you send us a photo of any damage for our records and to assist us in taking appropriate action. We kindly request that you return the item with care, as it might be necessary to return it to the manufacturer. Please include your customer order details with the package, as these are required for us to process your return as effectively and efficiently as possible. Once received, the items will be checked and a member of our customer service team will contact you to advise you of the process for replacement or refund. Without prejudice to your statutory rights, if you think that your goods are faulty please contact us as soon as possible via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend that you get proof of postage from the Post Office. The goods are your responsibility whilst in transit to us. On receipt of the goods and after inspection of the goods we will either: accept their return and refund the price of the goods plus postage or if the items are found not to be faulty, return them to you at your cost. Please note that goods will not be deemed faulty if the fault is not a result of manufacture, but has instead been caused by wear and tear or misuse. For the purposes of this procedure, goods that have been worn for more than three months will be considered by us to have undergone normal wear and tear (based on industry standards).
- Unwanted goods. If you wish to return your purchase you must notify us within 7 days of receipt of the item by contacting our Customer Service team by sending an email to email@example.com.
- During the cancellation period you have a duty of care for the product, which includes it being sent back in the original, unmarked and undamaged packaging or sealed in good quality transport packaging in order to avoid any damage during the transport back to our distribution centre. We do not take responsibility for items lost in transit back to our warehouse. We advise that a reputable traceable courier service is used to return items and proof of postage is kept.
- We will not accept the return of items that have been used or compromised in any way. Items returned must arrive in perfect condition, inclusive of all packaging and all accessories.
- Skribbies retains the right to refuse a refund on any item not deemed to be re-saleable.
- As a general rule, in case you decide to return item and get a refund, you will be liable for a return fee. Conditions of clause 18.5 apply.
- Items bought online cannot be returned or refunded to stores stocking Skribbies products.
- If you have a promotional code, you need to enter this into the box on at checkout. Only one promotional code can be used per order. Please note that promotional codes have an expiry date, after which they are not redeemable. Promotional codes remain the property of Skribbies Ltd (www.skribbies.com). We reserve the right to remove promotion codes at any time and without prior warning.
- When ordering goods that include a free gift as part of a special offer, the free gift is only available with the purchase of a pair of shoes. Only one free gift is given per order, regardless of the number of items in that order.
- When returning a complete order that has been purchased as part of a special offer and that included a free gift, the free gift must be returned in its original condition, for us to process a refund. However, if your order consisted of more than one pair of shoes, providing at least one of those pairs of shoes is kept, the free gift does not need to be returned.
Reviews, commenting, communications and other content
- In accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have fourteen days starting from the day after receipt to notify us of your intention to cancel the contract with us (ie if you wish to return the goods that you ordered from us). A working day means Monday to Friday not including bank or public holidays. You will receive a full refund of the price paid for your goods, however we cannot refund delivery charges once your order has dispatched. If you wish to cancel the contract (ie return the goods to us) you must inform us in the first instance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order number so that we can supply you with our returns address. You must return the goods to us immediately in the same condition in which you received them and at your own risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you cancel the contract in accordance with this provision we will process your refund as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days. Replacement goods must be ordered by placing a new order. All goods, including any gift with purchase, must be returned to us unworn and in their original packaging, complete with all labels, swing tags and boxes. We recommend that you return goods using recorded delivery at the Post Office with proof of postage. The goods are your responsibility whilst in transit to us and Skribbies Ltd cannot be held responsible for any returns which we do not receive. Users of this website may post reviews, comments and other content; send communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions or other information, as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of spam. You may not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of the content. Skribbies reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit any content. If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you
- Grant Skribbies and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media
- Grant Skribbies and its affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You agree that the rights you grant above are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to Skribbies:
- The content and material is accurate.
- Use of the content and material you supply does not breach any applicable Skribbies policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory). You agree to indemnify Skribbies and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against Skribbies its affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
General legal terms
- Sometimes when you use the offering, you may (as a result of, or through your use of the offering) use a service or download a piece of software, or utilize goods, which are provided by another person or company. Your use of such other offering, software or goods may be subject to separate terms between you and the company or person concerned.
- The terms constitute the legal agreement between you and Skribbies and govern your use of the offering, but without prejudice to any additional terms which may be part of an agreement specific to the service you wish to avail of (but excluding any offering which Skribbies may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior terms agreed upon between you and Skribbies in relation to the offering.
- You agree that if Skribbies does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the terms (or which Skribbies has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Skribbies's rights and those rights or remedies will still be available to Skribbies.
- If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the terms without affecting the rest of the terms. The remaining provisions of the terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- The terms, and your relationship with Skribbies under the terms, and any dispute arising out of such use of the offering of Skribbies is subject to UK laws. These terms and conditions were last updated on 12/6/2014.